logo logo

Anaphylactic shock

Anaphylactic shock

Anaphylactic reactions are acute, immediate and induced by IgE.

They happen minutes after being exposed to the allergen.

Serious reactions such as anaphylactic shock (dyspnoea, fainting) can occur following a bee or wasp sting, or after having ingested food or medication to which one is allergic.

How to treat an anaphylactic shock

  1. STRICT avoidance of allergens in cause
  2. Permanently carry an emergency kit & an allergy passeport

the emergency kit includes auto-injector adrénalin as well as corticoïd and antihistamin pillsIn case of anaphylactic shock or if you suspect a possible anaphylactic reaction, consulting an MD specialised in Allergy is primordial. The allergist will ascertain diagnosis and offer adequate treatment prescription.Hay fever (pollinosis) patients may develop allergies to fruits sometimes leading to anaphylactic shock. Diagnosis will be established by Allergist, who will also provide advice and treatment.

bottom

Comments are closed.

bottom